Burlesque, starring Christina Aguilera, hits theaters on November 24th, just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. In honor of the pop-sensation (and with respect towards your waistline considering the impending damage of the holiday season), I bring you Christina Aguilera’s top-6 workout tips, straight from Glamour magazine!
1. Ladies, Don’t be Afraid of Heavy Weights! Tee Sorge, Christina’s trainer for over three years, says, “Christina does biceps curls with 15-pound dumbbells and chest presses with 20-pounders.” “She knows they’re not going to bulk her up. What they will do is help build lean muscle that kicks up your metabolism and make your body burn more calories each day–so you’ll lose weight faster.”
2. Toss in Some Cardio. “I throw in a minute or two of jumping rope, stair climbing or boxing after every few toning moves Christina does to keep her heart rate up and really maximize the number of calories she burns.”
3. It is All About Your Core! “Your core is your body’s center, its foundation. If you’re strong there, you’re going to be strong and healthy, period.” Tee has Christina Aguilera do 300 to 400 reps of various ab exercises per session. That makes for one hot momma!
4. Intervals Create a Lean Body. Tee increases the intensity of Christina’s cardio by alternating bursts of energy with more moderate exertion. “Christina slowly jogs for five minutes on flat ground, sprints for three to five minutes, and then does a slow uphill walk for the remainder of the workout. It’s amazingly effective at making your body really lean.”
5. Make Exercise Something You Can’t Live Without! “Christina worked out with me until she was eight months pregnant–and then started back up a few months after [her son] Max was born.” “That’s what helped her look so good during her pregnancy–and snap back so quickly.” Consistency is key to any fitness and health routine. But if you are pregnant, please consult a doctor!
Hopefully Christina’s big screen debut shows off her acting chops better than Britney Spear’s debut in Crossroads. Maybe Christina will even get an Oscar to accompany her Grammy!