Jennifer Aniston has one of the most envied bodies in Hollywood. Whenever a bikini picture surfaces, it is the talk of the town. How is Jen able to look better at age 41 than she did at age 21? We have already covered her diet and yoga workout routine, but in honor of spring and Jen’s hot bikini body, we want to bring you Jennifer Aniston’s yoga bikini body workout. Check out Jen’s new movie The Bounty Hunter debuting today, also starring Gerard Butler, to feel inspired by Jen’s sexy body.
Jennifer Aniston says yoga changed her body and her life, and credits this transformation to practicing Yoga with instructor Mandy Ingber. Mandy recently shared six new yoga poses with Us magazine. Incorporate these poses into your workout and you’re guaranteed to look leaner and longer in time for bikini season.
1. Chair Pose (Butt, Thighs, Calves): Stand with feet together, palms together at chest. Spread toes and shift weight in to heels. Extend arms overhead, palms touching, and bend knees, lowering butt so thighs are parallel to floor (as shown). Hold for 30 seconds.
2. Boat Pose (Abs): Sit with knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Hold knees with hands and lean back while lifting chest and extending arms straight out at chest level, palms up. Raise feet and straighten legs, bringing body into a V-shape, balanced on butt. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
3. One-Arm Balance (Abs, Legs): Start in plank position. Walk left palm underneath forehead. Shift weight onto left side of left foot, flexing feet as you stack right foot on top of left foot. Push right hand off floor, shifting weight onto left hand and left leg, and extend right arm to ceiling. Hold 15 seconds. Switch sides.
4. Forearm Plank & Leg Lift (Shoulders, Arms, Abs, Legs): Start in plank position. Bend elbows to rest forearms on floor with elbows below shoulders, hands clasped in a fist (as shown). Pressing back in to heels, raise left leg an inch off floor, flexing foot, and holding for 15 seconds. Return to plank pose. Switch sides; repeat.
5. Temple Pose (Thighs, Butt): Stand with feet hip-width apart, toes pointed out slightly, palms pressed together at chest. Keeping back straight, bend knees and lower butt until in line with knees. Draw shoulders up toward ears, then push shoulders back and down (as shown). Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
6. Tree Pose (Abs, Thighs): Stand with feet together, palms together at chest. Shift weight onto right foot. Bend left knee and press left heel into right inner thigh. Raise arms overhead (as shown). Hold for 30 seconds. Switch legs; repeat.
If you want more of Mandy Ingber’s workout, check out her Yoga DVD Yogalosophy.